Social icons

DSCF3869
Hola everybody! Hope things are good for you in this week.

Ever since I was introduced to the hair care products (smooth infusion range) by AVEDA, I became more conscious with my hair’s health. (You can click here for my first experience with AVEDA)  Have to admit though, I’m still not as disciplined to stick to the routine but I’m slowly getting used to it and I do see quite a bit of improvement in my hair condition when I go through the routine, compared to days when I’m lazy and skip it.

After trying out the smooth infusion range, AVEDA invited me to visit their outlet at Ngee Ann City so that they can put together a range of products which truly suit my hair’s needs and problems.
DSCF3832
DSCF3835
DSCF3830
I was pretty reluctant to head down initially because I do not feel there is a need for professional guidance in choosing hair care products. But I guess I was wrong :/ More on that later~ Let us sidetrack a little~ AVEDA is most well known for their high-performance hair care range but they also places emphasis in balancing the body and mind as a whole with their uniquely blended aromas. What I find interesting is they have made aroma oil into pure body mist, and these aroma body mists are formulated to one’s character and is beneficial for the body and mind. The picture above is a list of questions to determine your character and after which, the store personal will recommend you the most suitable aroma according to your character test.
DSCF3829
I’ve been recommended Chakra 7. You might wanna try out the character test if you head down to the store, pretty interesting
DSCF3846
AVEDA has a “ritual” for every customer who is interested in getting his or her products. They do not simply recommend products without fully understanding their customers. And what I find credible about them is that they do not offer promotions, so customers purchase their products because they truly believe in them and not because they are attracted to the promotions.
DSCF3847
Let’s get started with the “ritual”.  My daymaker started me off with some body oils to relax the muscle and tense scalp. You might be wondering, why are the AVEDA advisors are called daymakers? Over at AVEDA, all the advisors believe in putting in their best to make the day of their guests, thus the title “Daymaker”.
DSCF3850
She did some massage with the concentrate provided - so as to relieve my tension and set me in a calm/refreshing mood. It lasted for about 1-2mins but she was so good with the massage that I just wanted to fall asleep. I was secretly hoping that she went continue for a little while more.
DSCF3855
After which, a scalp scanner was used to determine the state of my scalp and a little backcombing done to test my hair condition.
DSCF3856
There is a list of questions to be answered, so that the daymakers can further understand the guest’s hair condition and provide the best solution.
DSCF3863
My daymaker picked out a few products, which she thought would work for my hair and brought me through a step-by-step tutorial on how the products should be used/applied to the right areas.
DSCF3864
These beautiful curls are being achieved with just applying the products and a little help with the hair dryer. Absolutely no heating tools required! Very beautiful and subtle curls ^^
DSCF3874
DSCF3875
Thank you AVEDA for inviting me to your store, it was indeed an experience and I have learnt so much more about my own hair. J

Just in case you are interested, here’s my daily routine for my hair now.
DSCF3991
First up – The Aveda Dry Remedy System. I’ve been using the Dry Remedy Moisturizing Shampoo, Dry Remedy Moisturizing Conditioner and Dry Remedy Moisturizing Masque which provide extraordinary moisture and suppleness to instantly transform even the driest, most brittle hair without weighing the hair down. My hair is pretty dry due to constant perming and heat styling. One of the reasons why I refuse to use remedies, which is often recommended for very dry hair, is because I’m afraid that it will turn out greasy, leaving my hair looking flat, heavy and oily. But when I use the Aveda Dry Remedy range, my hair is left feeling soft, supple and shiny.
DSCF3999
When I told my daymaker that my hair is rather thin and pretty sparse at the crown, she recommended Invati Scalp Revitalizer, which aids people with thinning hair. It energizes and creates a healthy environment for the scalp, also reducing hair loss by 33% that is usually cause by breakage.
DSCF4002
The Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair is a leave-on product so no washing required. This product is infused with quiona protein, restores and restructures hair moisture. This too is not a bit greasy at all.
DSCF3984
Last but not least, these are the products needed for styling. Previously, I tried their smooth infusion range with makes the hair straighter to achieve a smoother hair surface I’m now using the smooth infusion range on my bangs only as I still want my curls to have volume.
DSCF3987
I was given two products of Aveda’s Be Curly range the Curl Enhancer and the Curl Enhancing Hair Spray. These products help to combat frizz, define curls and boost shine. Now my curls look so much better with less crazy strands flying out. I know it seems really too much for a daily routine but trust me, you’ll feel the difference and it’ll be worth the effort.

AVEDA provides professional daymakers to recommend the right products for different individuals so if you have the time, I’d definitely recommend for you to head down to AVEDA to find out which products really suit your needs instead of purchasing random products off the shelves. Once again, thank you AVEDA. Head down to www.facebook.com/aveda to find out more!
Powered by Blogger.